[CentOS] Fail2ban & logrotate [was: Update on spam, postfix, fail2ban, centos 6]

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Mon Jun 18 15:30:36 UTC 2012

Hello Bob,

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 17:03 +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> I overlooked fail2ban-client and thought this had to be applied to
> action.py. I will give that sleep in fail2ban-client a try.

I'm glad you pointed out this patch as I had accidently discarded it.
Seems indeed to work although sleeping is not quite as clean as actually
waiting for the command to finish as is attempted in that patch for
action.py (yes different issue). Not even sure if that is possible with
client.send(c) in its current form.

> Could you please provide a url to that patch or add it to the bug report
> I made? I remember seeing it but forgot to bookmark it.

Never mind, it's at
http://www.fail2ban.org/wiki/index.php/Fail2ban_talk:Community_Portal
under "fail2ban.actions.action ERROR on startup/restart".

Regards,
Leonard.