[CentOS] vlc?

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Tue Jun 19 07:24:30 UTC 2012

Le 18/06/2012 22:00, m.roth at 5-cent.us a écrit :

> I think you didn't read all of what I asked: none of the std. repos for
> CentOS have it (nor for 6.2); it seems to be at repoforge, yes, I do know

it's not in centos base, but as far as third party repos go repoforge is
as standard as it gets. If you have epel configured and active you can
get conflicts though. If you enable only centos and repoforge installing
vlc should work, otherwise it means you have already installed some
packages from another third party repo that cause a conflict.
vlc does have a lot of deps, as do most other media players. That's not
something to worry about.
BTW you may want to try xine and mplayer as well, also available in
repoforge and also very good players.