[CentOS] reinventing the wheel? page checker

Bob Hoffman

bob at bobhoffman.com
Thu Jun 21 13:17:20 UTC 2012

Not sure if there is an app like this yet.
I want to keep tabs on my web applications and thought of using a 'page
checker'/

I was thinking either running a sum on the directory or each file...but
thinking a simple date check would
be fine.

The idea is web application, except the uploads area for photos, never
has changes to its files except when I change it.

However, if it gets injected or hacked, I would want to know right away.

So thinking of running a script every minute looking for files where the
date changed since 'x' date or something like that.

Anything out there like that?

thanks