[CentOS] SATA errors in log

Steve Brooks steveb at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Fri Jun 22 17:17:57 UTC 2012

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Hi, Steve,
>
> Steve Brooks wrote:

>>> Yes that is the very card, the page says the chipset is Marvell 88SE9128
>>> but "lspci" shows
>>>
>>> Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9123 PCIe SATA 6.0 Gb/s controller
>>
>> It is odd because the kernel reports it as "88SE9123" the web page says it
>> is "88SE9128" as does the manual supplied with the card. Now the
>
> Yeah, I noticed that too, and thought it odd.
> <snip>
> I looked at the "manual", and the only thing that came to mind was to try
> going into the BIOS and making sure that it was set to AHCI rather than,
> say, IDE, or whatever.

Thanks Mark for the reply , I hadn't thought about the card posting drives
in the bios, I assumed only the onboard SATA devices would allow you
change the mode in the motherboard's BIOS. I will have a look on Monday to
see if anything has appeared in the BIOS. I guess the default mode in a
SATA6 card would be AHCI but yes worth a check.

Cheers,

Steve