[CentOS] Dovecot GUI

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Mar 6 01:22:23 UTC 2012

Nataraj wrote:

> I would check the ownership and permissions of the mail directories and
> files.  You might also try a different mail client.

Thanks for your response.
All the dovecot mail directories and files are in ~/Maildir ,
and are owned by me, with all directories having 700 permission,
and all files having 664 permssion.

> Next I would go
> through your config file and using the documentation try to understand
> what the various configuration options mean.  I have a very simple
> config file which does not define the namespace parameters and I am able
> to create top level subfolders using thunderbird (this is under CentOS
> 5).

I should have said that this worked fine for me under CentOS-5;
it is only since going over to CentOS-6 that I have had this problem.

> If your config file is not too large, simply posting it might be
> helpful, but as some have pointed out, you might do better to do this on
> the dovecot mailing list.

Under CentOS-6 /etc/dovecot/dovectot.conf is rather small.
Everything significant seems to have been moved to /etc/dovecot/conf.d/ .

> If you own the mail server, you could always go to the top level folder
> for your username and "mkdir .foldername" and then use chown,chmod to
> setup the permissions correctly and see if you can subscribe to that
> folder.

I did wonder about this, but was not sure of the consequences,
and since I have had several problems not of my making with KMail2
I didn't want to add any of my own.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net