[CentOS] Dovecot GUI

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Mar 6 12:09:14 UTC 2012

Nataraj wrote:

>>> I would check the ownership and permissions of the mail directories and
>>> files.  You might also try a different mail client.

>> All the dovecot mail directories and files are in ~/Maildir ,
>> and are owned by me, with all directories having 700 permission,
>> and all files having 664 permssion.

> Well that could be your problem.

Thanks again for responding.
But the permissions in lower folders, where I can create sub-folders,
are exactly the same as the permissions in the top folders, where I cannot.

> And yes I have created new folders with mkdir.

Are you using maildir format?
If so, do you also create cur, new and tmp sub-directories?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net