[CentOS] hfs with extended attribute support

Wessel van der Aart

wessel at postoffice.nl
Wed Mar 7 18:17:15 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I´ve got a HFS+(not journaled) volume connected to my centos6.2 test
server, i installed the kmod-hfs(plus) packages and read/write works all
fine.
but since i´m going to use this for serving mac home folders via
netatalk i would like to mount it with support for Extended Attributes
and acl´s.
so i add user_xattr and acl to my fstab options but then it fails to mount.
checking the error in dmesg just gives me ¨hfs: unable to parse mount
options¨.
does anyone know what´s going on and what i should do to make this work?

regards,

Wessel