[CentOS] md raid 10

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Mar 8 18:23:28 UTC 2012

On Thursday, March 08, 2012 01:15:59 PM Les Mikesell wrote:
> Usually your whole building is designed around a certain amount of
> heat load and data centers designed a few years back are probably
> already maxed out due to the earlier rounds of density increases.  So
> you will need at least more A/C and probably real estate too.

And don't forget the floor load.  Our EMC Clariions are heavy enough that I can't use a tile under them with any holes of any kind in them (especially vents) or I have tile surface deflection that's out of spec.  And our floor in the main data center is rated 1,500 lbs (avoirdupois) per square foot.  And the subfloor loading has to be considered, as well as how much the underfloor will 'flow' in CFM......