[CentOS] init/upstart issue? ypbind and autofs

Lars Hecking

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 12 16:05:46 UTC 2012

> Once you make the network interface no longer NM managed you can then perform a service network restart in your post and all network functionality should then become available.

 This may be desired or true in theory, but is not working.

 I have NM_CONTROLLED="no" in ifcfg-eth0, and it works according to the logs
 ("Ignoring connection 'System eth0' and its device due to NM_CONTROLLED/BRIDGE/VLAN"),
 but NIS is not working. yp.conf is correct as created through dhcp,
 domainname returns the correct domain, and ypbind is running. Yet ypwhich
 returns cannot communicate with ypbind. Once I stop NetworkManager, it
 starts working.