[CentOS] t-bird, followup

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 18:35:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

>> Try 'Help/Migration Assistant'
>
> Well, import didn't have it; I did go to account settings->synchronization
> & storage, and it has message synchronizing checked, and sync all messages
> regardless of age.
>
>> Worst case, you might delete the account and add it back.
>
> I don't think so....

I think you are going to want local search to work - and if everything
is stored server-side you wouldn't lose anything by starting over.

>> By the way, if you have anywhere to run it, outlook from Microsoft
>> Office 10 is very good at searching too - much nicer than earlier
>> versions, although it takes forever to build its initial index.
>
> The gov laptop is at home. I turn it on *only* when I have to....

I like lots of pixels in front of me so I park my laptop beside the
desktop and run synergy on both to share the desktop keyboard/mouse
and get cut/paste across them.  Now my desktop is also windows but
normally running NX to a server's freenx session so it might as well
be linux - and in the past I've done the same with a linux desktop.

And actually, the webmail interface on current exchange servers isn't
that bad either.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com