[CentOS] CentOS 5 Testing repo

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Mar 14 01:46:36 UTC 2012

On 03/13/2012 07:58 PM, Spiro Harvey wrote:
> We were using the CentOS 5 testing repo on dev.centos.org to update our
> webservers' PHP to 5.2. However, we've just tried building a new
> machine lately and found that the repo seems to be empty. Is this a
> temporary fault, or has it gone away now that CentOS 6 is out?
>
> If it has gone away, where can I grab PHP 5.2 packages from?

Those php-5.2.x rpms were unmaintained and full of security issues, so
they were removed.

You likely do not want any of the RPMs that were there, though I do have
some of them on our build server.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you either use the 5.1.6 security patched
c5 main tree php ... OR ... use the php53 from c5.

If you absolutely HAVE to have 5.2.x, I would recommend these:

http://rpms.famillecollet.com/

(he has a 5.2.17 version, the latest 5.2.x version)

I am pretty sure that they (php.net) are not releasing security updates
for the 5.2.x series any more.

Therefore, your best bet is to use either the 5.1.6 version from c5 (Red
Hat backports security updates to this, so from a security standpoint it
is better than 5.2.17) ... OR ... use the php53 from c5.