[CentOS] t-bird, followup

Nataraj incoming-centos at rjl.com
Wed Mar 14 05:39:40 UTC 2012

On 03/13/2012 10:42 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Jake Shipton <jakems at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Oh? I have, I found Claws to have quite advanced search, filters,
>> actions etc. It's one of the main reasons I switched :-)
>>
>> Here's a screenshot of claws extended search:
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/Hmwyv.png
> Nothing in particular jumps out at me that you can't do in t-bird.
> Did you find something specific?  In t-bird, the handiest thing is the
> toolbar 'search all messages' box that is very fast and does partial
> matches as you type.  But, for non-work mail these days I just use a
> free gmail account and google obviously knows how to search.

The last time claws was mentioned on the list, I decided to try it.
Besides being very slow in handling large folders, it crashed on me
several times.  I have many large mail folders with over 60,000 messages
that thunderbird handles just fine.  I am able to do server side
searches with no problem on the large folders.  I've never found another
mail client that reasonably handles this and it's reasonably fast too.
No, I don't keep local indexes for those folders.

Nataraj