[CentOS] postfix spam question for the gurus

Nataraj incoming-centos at rjl.com
Thu Mar 15 00:19:27 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 04:56 PM, Bob Hoffman wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a question about postfix.
> I have a few webservers, each with their own mailing system. Obviously
> manually adding
> items can be quite tedious going from one to another to another.
>
> I am in the process of making a list of domains (commercial spammers)
> that bother me. My idea is to use the access file to reject them.
>
> My question is this...
>
> Can I make a text page on one of my html servers that lists all these
> bums and reference
> that file in the postfix smtpd restrictions (probably as regex or prce
> instead of hash)?

You can use postfix database format that is compiled into your version
of postfix.  Run 'postfix -m' to display what formats your system
supports.  See "man regex_table" for the format of the regex files.  I
would be careful about where in the file system your postfix server is
reading configuration data from.  I like to keep my config files in a
secure place, in a system directory.

Nataraj