[CentOS] t-bird, followup

Jake Shipton jakems at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 15 12:39:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 06:38:56 -0500
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> On 03/14/2012 07:58 PM, KevinO wrote:
> > On 03/13/2012 08:14 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> >> Well, I updated my system late last week, and just thought to
> >> look: yes, I'm on t-bird 10.0.1, and I pull up the search messages
> >> window, and click on the dropdown... and there is NO OPTION to
> >> search the content of the messages.
> >>
> > View => Toolbars => Quick Filter Bar
> >
> > will do what you want...
> >
> > Using T-Bird 10.0.2 here, clicking on the account name and then
> > choosing "Search Messages" offers a pull-down entry for 'body', so
> > I don't know what your issue is.
>
> This is exactly my experience too ... I can easily both filter and
> search on body.
>
> Might I recommend that you move your .thunderbird to .thunderbird.old
> (or use a linux user) to set up a new profile for testing and see what
> that looks like.
>
> If it works as expected, then you might have customized your current
> profile to somehow remove Body from the search.  I'm sure it can be
> undone if that is the case.

Rather than renaming the ".thunderbird" directory, there is an easier
way to do this :-)

start thunderbird with "-ProfileManager". Example

$ thunderbird -ProfileManager

This will allow you to create, delete, rename profiles and choose a
different one :-)

I know on firefox you can use "-no-remote -P <profile>" to run two
profiles and instances of firefox at the same time. I am not sure if
this will work with Thunderbird (I don't have it installed to check),
but if it does, it would allow you to compare them and configure the
new one similar to your old one.

Hope this helps :-).

--
Jake Shipton (JakeMS)