[CentOS] Fail2ban problem

Timothy Murphy

gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Mar 18 11:17:48 UTC 2012

If there is a serious power failure, eg during an electric storm,
and the internet goes down
then my CentOS-6.2 server seems to take an inordinate time, maybe forever,
to get past fail2ban.
It is as though there is an extremely long - maybe an hour - timeout
if fail2ban cannot connect to the internet.

(I usually stop the machine with the power-button,
re-boot into a different OS (Fedora) and chkconfig off fail2ban.)

This only occurs once or twice a year, so I don't worry about it much;
but I was wondering if there is a timeout that I can change
somewhere in the fail2ban setup?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net