[CentOS] LibreOffice rpm's vs Centos testing repo

nux at li.nux.ro nux at li.nux.ro
Mon Mar 19 14:57:24 UTC 2012

Philippe Naudin writes:

> Le lun. 19 mars 2012 09:50:21 CET, nux at li.nux.ro a écrit:
>> I see this trend a lot, to make repos out of official rpms (at least
>> Ljubomir is also doing it). Maybe it's worth doing this on a bigger scale.
>> Care to share what exactly you are doing? Are you using any "meta" packages?
>
> One interest in using "official" RPMs, from OpenOffice or LibreOffice,
> is their limited set of dependencies. They don't require gnome, and
> this makes a big difference on headless, soundless machines.
>
> I am also using a meta-package to ease installation of "official"
> *Office. It is far from perfect, because it don't work if I just do
> yum update openoffice, I have to uninstall openoffice* ooobasis* and
> then install again openoffice (or libreoffice now).
>
> So : me too ;)
> (I am interested to hear about a better way to install official
> LibreOffice...)
>
> --
> Philippe Naudin

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Philippe. I'll try to put all your guys
opinions together and see if I can come with anything that could work long
term.
Right now I'm trying to backport from Fedora, and while the heavylifting is
done by Fedora people, it's still not easy to do this.
I'll keep you guys updated.

Nux!
www.nux.ro