[CentOS] testing a udp socket with netcat

Foster, Rilindo (Contractor) Rilindo.Foster at searshc.com
Mon Mar 19 15:44:08 UTC 2012

Arif,

You would want to run tcpdump (or some other sniffer() on the host server, so that you can confirm that there is two-way traffic. If tcpdump on the host server does not show any traffic from your client, something is blocking inbound. If you see traffic coming into the server, but nothing returning, you probably have issues around OSI layers 5-7. If you see a response, but you did not see from your client, then it may something blocking return traffic.

- Rilindo