[CentOS] process accounting on 5.7

Alan McKay

alan.mckay at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 17:54:14 UTC 2012

Hey folks,

I turned on process accounting and had a peek at the man page for dump-acct
but I am still left wondering how best to make use of this info.

We want to be able to produce some monthly stats on which labs are using
how much of our clusters.    I know our clustering software has the ability
to do this but unfortuantely not everyone uses the cluster commands as much
as I keep reminding them.

Would be nice to be able to show that user X used Y% of the CPU in a given
month.

I've been googling but not turning up much more than how to install psacct
and run the base commands.

thanks,
-Alan