[CentOS] nfs client issues since updating from 5.7 to 5.8 on the NFS server

aurfalien

aurfalien at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 21:22:26 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Wondering if any one has seen odd NFS client behavior with a 5.8 NFS
server?

While by Nix and OSX clients are fine, my Windows clients are acting up.

I can no longer mount any NFS share from a 5.8 NFS server box on my
Winblowz clients.

I'll keep digging around but nothing has changed on the client end.

Since my NFS server OS has changed, I'm assuming a client adjustment
is needed.

Also, does any one know of a way to max out verbosity on my NFS
server?  Things are showing (failed and successful client NFS mount
attempts) in /var/log/messages but I've a feeling that something is
missing.

Thanks in advance,
- aurf