[CentOS] Dell Online Diagnostics for Centos 6.2

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Mar 22 20:08:26 UTC 2012

Why are so many people top posting today?

Turnbough, Bradley E. wrote:
> Behalf Of m.roth at 5-cent.us
> Turnbough, Bradley E. wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone successfully installed and ran the Dell Online Diagnostics
>> for Centos 6.2?  RHEL 6 is a listed as a supported OS, but it appears
>> the install.sh shell script says it is unsupported.
>>
> Which version of OMSA are you looking at? I have 64, 64 bit (and notice
> that when it starts linux, it's CentOS 6.x)

> OMSA is 6.5
>
> The online diags are separate from OMSA....

Yeah, though OMSA installs them while booting up, when I run it from a CD.

I did try to install it a couple months ago, and found (and reported to
Dell) that it was looking for certain RHEL specific files & locations. It
seemed to be a 32-bit, and though I tried to debug an install on a 64-bit
server, it would fail, though I installed enough to make it appear to
install correctly.

I'm leaning towards keeping it on the CD, so I don't have to deal with
installing/upgrading on our Dells. Sorry I can't help more.

       mark
          mark