[CentOS] postgrey, postfix, tld list

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Mar 25 20:51:47 UTC 2012

Am 25.03.2012 22:23, schrieb Bob Hoffman:
> On 3/25/2012 3:16 PM, Bob Hoffman wrote:

>> 5 added to /etc/postfix/postgrey_whitelist_clients
>> /^\.com$/
>> /^\.org$/
>> /^\.gov$/
>> /^\.net$/
>> /^\.mil$/
>> /^\.edu$/
>>
>> <snip>
>>

> check that...did not whitelist the domains, centos.org got greylisted.
> Either it is the wrong way to regex that statement within postgrey or
> there needs to be more added regarding the triplet (ipaddress, domain,
> sender)...not sure.
>
> probably regex is wrong, I am certainly no expert, or even a novice, of it.

Bob,

2 things:

- You should take this to a list / forum where it is more appropriate to
discuss setting that kind of things up. postgrey has a mailing list and
as you learn to handle Postfix you may subscribe to the Postfix list.

- You can be very sure that your regex in postgrey_whitelist_clients is
wrong and does nothing useful. Have you ever seen a host with DNS name
".com"? Would you ever? No, of course not.
You define the whitelisted client names to start with a dot and to end
with the TLD right after the dot.

Alexander