[CentOS] INSTALLING UPDATES-PROXY PROBLEM

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Mar 27 06:12:30 UTC 2012

On 03/26/12 11:05 PM, arun kumar wrote:
> I have centos 6.0 in my system and i want to update packages, so i tried
> the yum commands for checking and installing updates, but my proxy is
> objecting and i got the following error
>
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist
> http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os  error was
> 14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 407"
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base
>
> i tried with the software update GUI in centos 6.0 but still the same proxy
> problem....can any one please suggest how to overcome this problem and
> install updates for packages.

what is this "proxy"?  other than your use of the phrase 'proxy' a
couple times, I see no sign of a proxy there.

If your internet connection is such that you have to go through an
explicit http proxy, have you configured it in /etc/yum.conf as follows?
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/yum/sn-yum-proxy-server.html