[CentOS] shellinabox

Piero ottuzzi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 20:20:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

  normally I would use ssh to reach the server I need to manage but
actually I'm working in an environment where internet connection is
filtered from firewalls and proxies: in a such place it is not
possible to use ssh as its connection is closed as soon as I try to
open it. Shellinabox is a terminal emulator that works in a browser
and this looks like the only possibility I have to reach the server I
want to manage.

Bye
Piero

2012/3/27  <m.roth at 5-cent.us>:
> Piero wrote:
>>
>>    is there anyone using shellinabox[1] (Web based AJAX terminal
>> emulator): I'm trying to run it on a Centos 6.2 x86_64 but I cannot
>> past inserting username and I get "session closed". Actually I'm using
>> SELINUX in Enforcing mode but nothing strange is logged in
>> /var/log/audit/audit.log. Actually nothing strange is logged anywhere
>> but I still get only "session closed" after inserting username and
>> pressing enter key.
>> I'm trying to escape a very strong firewall/proxy for the purpose of
>> managing such a Centos box via SSH and, if you know alternatives to
>> shellinabox, I'll be very glad to hear something from you. I already
>> tried corkscrew and tor but both cannot escape firewall/proxy rules.
>>
> Never heard of shellinabox. Why do you need that, rather than, say, xterm
> or rxvt or konsole?
>
>      mark

Stupid is as stupid does.
Forrest Gump