[CentOS] xorg.conf disappear

Lars Hecking lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 29 08:57:42 UTC 2012

brick writes:
> Hi
>
> My system is CentOS 6. I need to edit xorg.conf. But it can't be find in
> /etc/X11. Where is it? How can I get the default setting?

 /var/log/Xorg.0.log will tell you which configuration Xorg is currently
 using, which devices are autodetected etc. If you need to change only
 particular parts of the config, you can drop a .conf file with the
 corresponding Section into /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d.

 E.g. if you needed a UK keyboard instead of the default US, you could use
 something along the lines of

# cd /etc/X11/corg.conf.d
# cat keyboard.conf
Section "InputDevice"