[CentOS] Dual Monitor setup on CentOS 6?

Toralf Lund

toralf.lund at pgs.com
Fri Mar 30 07:55:45 UTC 2012

Hi.

Is anyone here running CentOS 6 with dual monitors configured as a
single X Screen?

I'm trying such a setup on version 5 (again), using NVIDIA TwinView, and
it works in many ways, but there are a number of problems that means
it's not too usable - the most important one being that there appears to
be no way to control which of the displays new applications/windows will
appear on. I mean, I don't necessarily need to be able to configure this
or anything, but I would at least expect programs to open on the monitor
that displaying the menu item or icon or terminal or whatever used for
startup, but often they end up on the other one.

So I guess my question is, would upgrading to version 6 help?

- Toralf

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.