[CentOS] transition to ip6

Bob Hoffman bob at bobhoffman.com
Fri Mar 30 14:23:55 EDT 2012

I imagine some day in the near future there will be a switch to ipv6.
I cannot imagine ever remembering the ip address then...crazy.

My question, since i have never done ip6 stuff, is what does that mean
on my webservers?

Would I just need to replace my ip4 with ip6 in my eths, bonds, bridges,
and configuration files...and copy out my iptables to ip6tables, and
change the dns servers?

all that does not sound to harsh.

anything especially daunting to make that switch (save from someone
having to do that on 100 computers really fast!!)

-bob