[CentOS] OpenLDAP migration from Centos 5 to 6

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Tue May 1 12:24:33 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 13:12, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> So I have copied /etc/openldap/slapd.conf from the old server to the new
> and also copied the old DB_CONFIG to /var/lib/ldap
> (these files are not used under CentOS-6, as far as I can see),
> and run

Under Centos 6.2 openldap uses the new cn=config configuration
mechanism, and will ignore your slapd.conf configuration if that
mechnism already exists.

I think this config is in /etc/openldap/slapd.d/

Try backing up and removing that folder, then your slapd.conf
configuration will actually be read.

--
Best Regards,
Giles Coochey, CCNA Security, CCNA