[CentOS] Centos 6 ASSP ( anti-spam-smtp-proxy)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:05:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Need an anti-spam proxy and looking at options, was wondering if anyone is
> using ASSP with Centos 6 and if so does anyone have any goo How-to links
> they have...I have managed to find this one -
>
> http://www.how2centos.com/fight-spam-with-assp-anti-spam-smtp-proxy-on-centos-5-4/
>
> Probably most still applies to 6, but maybe thinking with the newer
> versions of things I could stay in the standard repos...Thanks.

I've always liked MimeDefang as a sendmail milter, running (at least)
spamassassin and clamav as scanners.  I'm not sure it can be
configured as a strict proxy, but it works nicely as an internet
facing MX receiver that knows how to relay to your internal mail
system(s).   I've only used the packages from rpmforge on centos5, but
I see they are now in epel for centos6 and I'd expect them to work
just as well.

--
   Les Mikesell