[CentOS] NetworkManager frustration...

Kahlil Hodgson kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au
Sun May 13 23:28:32 UTC 2012

On 14/05/12 09:04, Kahlil Hodgson wrote:
>>> Have a look in
>>>
>>> /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/11-dhclient
>>>
>>> you might be able to figure out a tweak to put 127.0.0.1 back in.
>>
>> Yes, the script enumerates and runs the dhcp-plugin scripts in
>> /etc/dhcp/dhclient.d/. I tried to create such a script there, but
>> NetworkManager still does not run it.
>
> So (a quick an dirty hack of) putting
>
> echo 'nameserver 127.0.0.1'>>  /etc/resolv.conf
>
> at the end of that script doesn't help?  Or does it need to go first?
>
> Kal

Actually I'm being brain-dead here. What I think you want is to edit the
/etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf file and put something like

	prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1

in the appropriate place.  See man page for dhclient.conf for more details.

Hope this helps.

Kal

--
Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson                       GPG: C9A02289
Head of Technology                         (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382

Suite 1415
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer."  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925