[CentOS] Sendmail problem - baffled

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue May 15 21:40:22 UTC 2012

Am 15.05.2012 23:19, schrieb Jussi Hirvi:
> On 15.5.2012 23.54, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>> What is the content of the submit.mc? Your previous log snipplet showed

>> So there must be "sm-mta-rx" be defined somewhere.
>
> Yes. In a dual sendmail setup there are two instances of sendmail. The
> receiving one ("rx") dumps all email to amavis (TCP 10024), and then
> amavis hauls everything back again to the other instance ("tx") (using
> TCP 10025), which sends it away over net or piles it up in local mailboxes.
>
> My conf for the "rx" instance is probably not important, as the "rx"
> instance does not actually contact anything outside localhost. The
> submit conf is for mail submission, so it is probably not used here.
>
> - Jussi

And exactly somewhere there is your issue!

sm-mta-rx is failing according to your log. We can't judge if more is
failing as you did not post any further log content showing connection
problems.

I know what the dual Sendmail setup is, used it some time in the past,
dropped it when the milter came out.

Repeated, your issue at this point is the sm-mta-rx instance.
Unfortunately you did not provide the complete configuration, especially
not the config with the sm-mta-rx definition. At least sm-mta-rx does
not transport the mail to amavis but tries to deliver it to the primary
mail server.

Alexander