[CentOS] Sendmail problem - baffled

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Tue May 15 23:42:44 UTC 2012

On 16.5.2012 1.03, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>> define(`ESMTP_MAILER_ARGS',`TCP $h 10024')dnl

> Right, here you modify the target port of that Sendmail instance. And I
> bet $1.000 that if you tcpdump on the main mail server you will see the
> sending attempt to come in there at port 10024 and thus Sendmail (this
> one here) gets a connection refused.

Looks like you are right - and that's a breakthrough! I checked on the
primary mail server using simply
	tcpdump host 83.143.217.179
and I noticed connections to port 10024.

I should have used tcpdump earlier in this process - but better late
than never.

Now I just have to fix the sendmail ("rx" instance) config so that it
really sends the email to localhost (where amavis is listening), instead
of trying to send directly to the final destination. So far no luck. A
similar setup works ok on the primary mail server, so I don't know why
this one does not work.

- Jussi