[CentOS] Limit max number of e-mails sent per hour

Steven Tardy sjt5 at its.msstate.edu
Tue May 22 14:04:06 UTC 2012

On 05/22/2012 08:10 AM, Nikos Gatsis - Qbit wrote:
> Hello list
> I use sendmail-8.14.4-8.el6.x86_64 and I wonder how to restrict the
> number of emails sendmail sent over an hour.
> Is the define(`confMAX_QUEUE_RUN_SIZE', `200') command what I'm looking for?
> Thank you in advance.

www.sendmail.com/sm/open_source/docs/m4/tweaking_config.html#confMAX_QUEUE_RUN_SIZE
that setting pertains to queued email...
not email that entered the queue and was successfully delivered.

sendmail does not provide 'rate limit emails' functionality by default.

check out:
   puszcza.gnu.org.ua/projects/mailfromd