[CentOS] centos modprobe ipv6 fatal ipv6.ko Invalid module format

Jesus del Valle yeysus at googlemail.com
Thu May 24 06:20:01 UTC 2012

> Use "file" to identify the type of data contained in that file, and use
> "rpm -Vf" to verify it.  If either result doesn't look right, reboot and
> fsck your filesystem

Hi Gordon,
Your assumption turned to be true : - (. The file was corrupt (file ...
gave "data" as type, rpm -Vf throwed tons of "missing" errors). After doing
this and trying not to load the module I lost the contact to the server so
my provider had to fsck it; now the server is up again, I still have to
re-check everything.
Thanks for your help,
Jesus