[CentOS] google.repo

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu May 24 20:34:46 UTC 2012

Daniel De Marco wrote:
> * m.roth at 5-cent.us <m.roth at 5-cent.us> [05/24/2012 15:58]:
>> This is annoying. I've got a user who needs chrome installed. I google,
>> and find there's a google.repo. I rpm --import the signing key... and
>> cannot find *where* on google.com I can install their own repo from.
>> Every
>> hit that looks even vaguely close tells me "edit
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/google.repo.
>
> you can download the google-chrome rpm from their website.
> It installs a cron job that runs daily and creates and makes sure the
> /etc/yum.repos.d/google.repo is correct.

Ewww... you mean I have to d/l the chrome rpm, yum localinstall it, and
*then* it creates google.repo? That's *ugly*, if true. And, of course,
there's no way to get support. I can't tell if I have to create a google
email account (which I don't want) to get into the support groups, and I
don't see any way to just send an email to any kind of support.

       mark