[CentOS] One screen disabled on login with NVIDIA TwinView

Mogens Kjaer mk at lemo.dk
Wed Nov 14 13:24:16 UTC 2012

On 11/14/2012 12:38 PM, Toralf Lund wrote:
> Does anyone else see this? Do you know if there is a way around it?

I don't have your problem, but another one.

I want my second monitor to be above the internal monitor by default.

I solved that by adding

	Option "TwinViewOrientation" "Above"

to the Device section of the xorg.conf file.

Maybe you can google "xorg.conf twinview" and find the option to
insert into xorg.conf that makes your external monitor the primary?

BTW, for me there's a difference if I connect my second monitor via
displayport or VGA: The monitor isn't recognized automatically if I
use the VGA cable.

Mogens

Mogens Kjaer, mk at lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk