[CentOS] Extend schema on CentOS directory server

Chris Taylor

Chris.Taylor at corp.eastlink.ca
Thu Nov 15 21:06:41 UTC 2012

Currently I am running freeradius with an openldap backend, I am looking to move to the CentOS directory server.

The problem I am running into is that none of the RADIUS attributes I require are in the schema. My question is how do I update the schema with the needed freeradius attributes?

is it as easy as taking the openldap.schema file that freeradius provides and renaming it to something like 99radius.ldif putting it in the /etc/dirsrv/"servername"/schema/ dir and restarting the service?

Sorry if this question has been asked before I have been trolling the internet and haven't found a concrete answer.

Thanks,

Chris