[CentOS] iSCSI Question

Steven Crothers steven.crothers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 02:58:36 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:

> You could take two nodes, setup DRBD to replicate the data
> (synchronously), manage a floating/virtual IP in pacemaker or rgmanager
> and export the DRBD storage as an iSCSI LUN using tgtd. Then you can
> migrate to the backup node, take down the primary node for maintenance
> and restore with minimal/no downtime. Run this over mode=1 bonding with
> each leg on two different switches and you get network HA as well.

There is nothing active/active about DRBD though, it also doesn't solve the
problem of trying to utilize two heads.

It's just failover. Nothing more.

I'm looking for an active/active failover scenario, to utilize the multiple
physical paths for additional throughput and bandwidth. Yes, I know I can
add more nics. More nics doesn't provide failover of the physical node.