[CentOS] Ruby rails rpm package

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 12:38:07 UTC 2012

On 11/20/2012 11:53 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 11/20/2012 08:39 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>>  Somebody knows if exists some rpm package for ruby rails??
>>
>> Normally, rubygems is the way to go to install Rails.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>>   Phil...
>>

> Sure, but how can I update rubygems installed in one system??

$ gem update --system.

This is dependent on how you have your rubygems set up. You may have to
pass sudo to that command.

This all documented heavily on teh Interwebs. Try
<http://docs.rubygems.org/>

I'd also recommend having a look at the Ruby Version Manager:
<http://https://rvm.io/>

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy, OS X Snow