[CentOS] Long time away for Centos installs, need some info

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Nov 23 20:06:52 UTC 2012

On 11/23/2012 02:37 PM, Bill Maltby (C4B) wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-11-23 at 14:24 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> <snip>
>> How do I determine if I have a i386 or x86_64 processor?
> less /proc/cpuinfo ?

So I need the liveCD to boot to get to this point?  Which one.

Oh, my current systems are running Centos 5.4 (I think) and only have
256Mb and 512Mb memory.  To go to 6.n, I need more memory, like 1Gb.  So
I have a couple systems on the floor that I dropped new drives into so
they don't have a running OS yet.