[CentOS] What's The Odds?

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 21:35:35 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I were doing it, I'd pull one of the Raid1 drives (and have a
> backup too...).  There is still a certain amount of risk but it gives
> you the option later of resyncing either direction.
>
> +1 on yanking one of the mirrored pair

I second Fred's suggestion on hooking array to a CentOS 5 box and see if
it's assembled.

Since you built the software raid on a 5.x box, your metadata version isn't
going to be something new that 6.x supported.  Only way that would happen
is if you rebuilt the array from scratch on the 6.x system (and it sounds
like you did not).  In the past I've used System Rescue CD to fix older
CentOS 4.x and 5.x machines.

So first off, back up your data.
Second, try hooking the drives to a 5.x system and ensure you can read them
(if it doesn't assemble on its own, then you probably have found an
incompatibility.

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //