[CentOS] Possible repo polllution

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Nov 30 15:13:10 UTC 2012

> From: Tony Molloy <tony.molloy at ul.ie>
>
>> Is this a case a repo pollution, it can't be necessary to have i386
>> packages in the x86_64 updates. Just checking before I delete these
>> packages.
>
> You need them to run i386 apps on a x86_64.
>
> JD

True, but i386/i686 packages are usually still only located in the 32bit
repo directories...they're not usually intermingled in the actual download
directories, last I checked.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1