[CentOS] opennx wants to replace nxclient on all my CentOS 6 servers

Greg Bailey

gbailey at lxpro.com
Fri Nov 30 16:17:05 UTC 2012

Looks like opennx appeared in the extras repository some time recently.
Because the extras repository is enabled by default, all of the servers
where I have nxclient installed are showing opennx as available which
will obsolete nxclient.

I went ahead and upgraded on my laptop but the resulting opennx
installation didn't launch properly.  I'm now modifying my yum
configurations everywhere to add exclude=opennx

Without diving into the merits of whether I should be using nxclient
from nomachine.com or the open-source opennx, I'm concerned that I ended
up with a broken NX client and I don't remember seeing an announcement
that this software package was added to extras.  Is that information
communicated via a mailing list that perhaps I'm not subscribed to?

thanks,
Greg