[CentOS] X/Display resolution configuration

Mike Watson

mikew at crucis.net
Mon Oct 8 17:20:41 UTC 2012

I've installed CentOS 6.3 on a new system. I've a nagging problem that
I'm trying to fix---the screen resolution changes. I've a flat screen
monitor that has 1600x900 capability. However when I logout and then log
back in the resolution changes to 1280x1024.  When I looked at the
xorg.conf.d directory it was empty---both in /etc and in /usr/share.

Where is xorg.conf and it's monitor section now? BTW, I'm use KDE.

mw

   -- William Kershner
http://crucis-court.com
http://www.crucis.net/1632search