[CentOS] Routing issue

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Fri Oct 12 06:23:26 UTC 2012

On 10/10/2012 04:32 AM, Steve Clark wrote:
> Thanks for the response. We have 450 units in the field and have only needed to do this at one site. I am
> using a userspace script to monitor the viability of each isp and changing the routing accordingly as
> described in the LARTC document. Our units in the field use CentOS so we don't want to use a
> custom kernel outside of what CentOS provides. That's why I am reluctant to use the patches at

No patches are required to use the configuration that is generated by
Shorewall.  If you're not extremely experienced with iptables and 'ip
rule', you're a lot better off using something like Shorewall to
generate your configurations.  As I previously suggested, you should at
least generate working configurations with shorewall and then reviewing
them to learn *why* they work before attempting to do multi-isp setups
by hand.  You will save yourself a lot of trouble that way.