[CentOS] Doing a Centos mirror only via http

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Oct 13 17:48:16 UTC 2012

On 10/13/12 6:07 AM, Nux! wrote:
>> >Many thanks Nux, reposync is the tool ... but, is it possible to
>> >download metada too with reposync to avoid to use createrepo
>> >command??
> Use lftp, not reposync.

yeah, thats what I use.  my cron job looks like...

     lftp -c 'open ftp://mirrors.kernel.org && lcd /export/mirror &&
mirror --continue --verbose=1 -x ia64 -x s390 -x s390x -x alpha -x SRPMS
centos'

that gets all releases, but not s390 or alpna or itanium.  add -x 5\* to
lose the 5.x stuff.

oh, it appears I'm using ftp not http... I believe thats because I got
inconsistent results with http when I switched source repos