[CentOS] scp scripting question

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sun Oct 14 22:41:00 UTC 2012

On 10/12/2012 07:20 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:

> How so?   What's wrong with what behaves like a named pipe?   That is,
> why does scp need to seek instead of just reading the contents?

Whether it seeks or not is rather irrelevant to the question of whether
or not it is unix-like behavior.  seek() is quite normal behavior.

>> All the same, I keep my keys in
>> an encrypted volume because they grant me access to my customer's
>> systems.  The idea of writing them to a filesystem that's not encrypted
>> is just creepy.
>
> Sure, but who else can open your /dev/fd/##'s?

I'm not sure what you're talking about, since that's not what zsh does.
  When you use "=(command)", zsh will run "command" with its output
directed to a file in /tmp.  The path to that file will be substituted
where "=()" was used in the command-line.