[CentOS] Skype and Sound

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Fri Oct 19 15:15:11 UTC 2012

I have installed Skype 4.0.0.8 on my new workstation running
CentOS-6.3 (kvm) and the Gnome DTM.  This host has an Intel DG43GT
motherboard with on-board audio.  The sound works when tested in the
sound preferences in the desk top.

Skype runs and the integrated usb video and microphone both work (I
infer this from the mic test in Skype options showing movement on the
intensity bar as I can hear nothing).

I have gone through all of the choices in the audio setting and none
of them work.  Are there any other packages or settings I should have
installed or set to get audio working in skype?

Canada  L8E 3C3