[CentOS] SSHMenu (Gnome Applet) for CentOS 6

Nikolaos Milas

nmilas at noa.gr
Wed Oct 24 09:43:48 UTC 2012

Hello,

I know that there exists a package for Gnome SSHMenuApplet for CentOS 5
(e.g. see
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/epel/testing/5/ppc/gnome-applet-sshmenu-3.15-5.el5.noarch.html).

The package sshmenu (which I found here:
http://dl.marmotte.net/rpms/redhat/el6/x86_64/sshmenu-3.18-7.el6/sshmenu-3.18-7.el6.noarch.rpm)
states:

Summary     : Application to organize SSH connection information in a menu
URL         : http://sshmenu.sourceforge.net/
License     : BSD
Description : SSHMenu is a small program (which is to be used outside of
GNOME) that
             : keeps all your regular SSH connections within a single
menu. If you wish to
             : have the full GNOME applet version of the menu, install
gnome-applet-sshmenu.

However, I can't find a gnome-applet-sshmenu RPM package for el6.

So, does anyone knowof a gnome-applet-sshmenu RPM package for el6 (or
can anyone provide one)? It should include SSHMenu v3.18.

There is a package for FC15:
ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/linux/releases/15/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/gnome-applet-sshmenu-3.18-3.fc15.noarch.rpm,
but Idon't know if it can/should be used in CentOS 6.

Notes:
sshmenu (v3.15) exists in EPEL for CentOS 5, but gnome-applet-sshmenu
does not.
Both (v3.15) exist in Extras repo.
Neither exists in EPEL for Centos 6.

Please advise.