[CentOS] Completely automatic yum updating on Centos 6

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Thu Oct 25 22:19:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:19:24 +0100 (BST)
Keith Roberts wrote:

> What about doing a ssh root login to the box from far away,
> and then running yum check-update, to see what the
> consequences of updating the box could do before
> commiting to the update first?

As far as I know, while it will have a public IP address (I don't think it
will be behind a NAT, though I could be wrong), it won't have a static address.

So if I plan to log into it remotely, I'll have to have it report its current
address to me on occasion.

Which probably wouldn't be a bad thing, anyway.