[CentOS] Virtualization Options!

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Wed Oct 31 22:35:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012, Stephen Harris wrote:

> I'm still using KVM, but using with kickstart rather than templates.

I switched from Xen (and, before that, VMware) to KVM about eighteen
months or so ago just to see what the fuss was about, and have not looked
back. I have since deployed about 75-80 virtual machines with KVM (Linux
and Windows XP, 2003, 7) and have had zero problems; everything worked
perfectly first time out and has continued that way. Performance is better
too. I install Linux on a KVM guest using the same PXE+kickstart
procedures that are used for physical boxes. I can expound further on my
KVM likes if anyone is interested.

Steve